Friday, May 3, 2013

A Startled Heart


It is neither love that comes around, disturb you nor a race and make your heart thump to have your heart startled so quickly. There is a special and very common reason you encounter yourself with your heart beating multiple times in seconds. You do everything you could to avoid your heart race.

A daily routine, I am in my room cozying myself inside the blanket and I am either listening to music or watching some series after returning home from Uni. My roommate is usually at Uni and arrives home late. So basically, I am alone in the apartment.

As silent as our house is, I am too soundless that every background sound seems like a thunderstorm to me. It never fails to startle me and I just snap out the swear words as loud as I possibly could. This makes me feel so much better following the incidence of disturbing horror noise I hear.

A door creaks, and I hear a “BANG” on the door and just curse the window for once again startling me over. I go back to minding my own business; to be with my computer. I set myself aside to not to pressurize myself with the noises I hear.

Then a bedroom door creaks so loud that I get off from the bed and then a heated blush appears beautifully on my cheek that I just came from basking under the hot sunny weather.

It frequently happens that sometimes you are left wordless when someone startles you. If it was unintentional, then I am fine. If it were intentional, I would grab all the opportunity to give so many (as in so many) reasons never to startle me in life ever again.

At the end, I can do nothing but smile and keep the incidents to myself, as this has become a habitual event everyday. I start to smile when I know that it is my roommate who had been using all her force to open the door so loudly and banging the door too hardly. I wonder if she had a bad day or if it is her normal way of doing things.


No comments:

Post a Comment