Monday, October 29, 2012

Is it a Bad Luck?

Sometimes we are left in wonder whether to believe what we just saw or should we ignore it for the sake of making ourselves to feel better.


Yesterday, when I was walking by the road to my friends place for dinner, I saw a black-brown cat about to cross the road. I wished it didn’t cross the road because as far as I know and to what I have heard, if we see a cat crossing the road then it is considered as bad luck. This superstitious belief remained inside me all my life.
So, as I was on my way, wishing, the cat silently crossed the road. I felt terribly bad for myself having to witness this situation.

Then I stood straight and thinking of what to do next: We either have to cross the road with a worry in our mind that we have just been through one of the most horrendous moment or we just ignore and cross it anyway because we have no choice. I could have returned back but my friend has to cross it as we were going to her place. So we crossed.

I looked at her amusingly. She seemed quite relax and wasn't bothered about what we encountered on the way. I asked, “Are you cool about it?" She replied rather calmly, “aaah, it’s ok. It’s normal here. There are lots of dogs too. So, let’s not bother and pass the way” I agreed to her and casually walked along the road with my fingers crossed and talking to my friend as if nothing happened. However, the overloaded feeling of something bad might happen at any time was stuck in my mind.

In another incident, today, I just broke my roomie’s cup. I don't know how it happened but the cup fell down so instantly making a strange noise. I stared on the wet floor for more than a minute not believing to what I did and to what I saw.

At that very moment, a strong emotion ran through me, as if someone is telling me that something really bad is going to happen. I stayed staring on the wet floor wondering whether it really happened because it has been more than 3 years that I didn’t really break anything this way like I did today.

I am hoping I don’t hear any bad news. Fingers crossed again!

21 comments:

  1. Please don't worry. I hope nothing bad will happen. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessi.. well! my only advice is that you should pray. Being Superstitious is normal but too much of it kinda hampers what you do in life. i was kinda that way too but i changed. You know when you feel that something bad is gonna happen, you should pray.. it helps change what might come or happen.. I pray nothing happens... :) take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, this is a great advice. Thank you! I prayed though.
      Take care of yourself too. I hope everything turns out the right way.

      Delete
    2. m hoping it does :) you take care too...

      Delete
  3. Well Yessi, I don't believe in such things....'there is nothing either good or bad, our thinking makes it so' you remember these lines???

    just be cool....

    Cup broke, because it has to be broken some day....it simply shows how impermanent things around us are....and cup is not any exception to this natural order of thing.

    And in similar manner, cat crossed your road, because he must have had the business to catch a naughty mice the other side of road....!!!

    enjoy your life..and feel Not constrained by this silly little incident....

    Kuenzang (PSN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, logically true. :)

      Thank you. I will enjoy every moment I come across. :D

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The incident of you breaking the cup is the effect (bad luck) of the incident that you were crossed by that black-brown cat. So there actually is a some truth behind such superstitions logically..:P

    Personally I hardly care, You know the place I live is perhaps the only place where Cats and dogs live cordially together. (Cat and dog hardly lives together!)

    Just the Myth..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yeah, even I am thinking of taking those incidences positively and move on. :)

      Delete
  6. Dont worry gir, nothing would happen. Even I used to feel that way but nothing will happen if you are positive. Tc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaya, I am thinking the same, "Be Positive" :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Murphy's law says, if you think it will go wrong it will. I think the signs may mean you need to be cautious. Don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with Murphy's law.
      Thank you Nobu Sir.
      I will be cautious and I will be better :D

      Delete
  8. Don't worry. Superstitions are superstitious. Nothing bad will happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks!
      I am feeling much better and relaxed after sharing this....

      Delete
  9. I am sure all will be well. I know for me, much depends on my choices and attitude. Some days I do better than others, and often it helps to share my challenges with others. Praying you will find the right balance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not holding on to what has happened.
      Thank you Karen.

      Delete